Residents are supported by the department in travel to the SAEM Annual Conference (EM-2s) and ACEP Scientific Assembly (ACEP) to further their learning and to support their scholarly work.
Further, residents and faculty in Emergency Medicine are actively involved in a variety of projects. These span Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) and more in-depth research projects.
Expectations for resident involvement with QA/QI and reserarch projects is per the timeline below. All projects are supervised by a faculty mentor and overseen by the department's Research Committee. A selection of our department's recent publications is presented below too.
- Work on EM-2 driven QA/QI project
- Create and run a new QA/QI project
- Complete/follow-up on QA/QI project...especially the QI component
- Optional: Generate, develop and execute research project (may be initiated prior to the EM-3 year)
- Complete above projects as best as possible
Residents are supported for travel related to pre-approved presentations of their scholarly work at regional/national conferences.