For Your Health
Skin Cancer Prevention
Rutgers University has been recognized as a Skin Smart Campus by The National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention.Ensuring the well-being of our students, we are providing a safe andhealthylearning and living environment on and off campus, pledging to keep indoor tanning devices off our campus and our affiliated buildings.We also promote skin cancer prevention policies and education.
Stop by the Medical Sciences Building to grab some sunscreen at the dispenser this summer!
Click to find out more about summer and year-round skin cancer prevention: The Skin Smart Campus Initiative at Rutgers.
Student Health Service (SHS) offers students a range of services designed to help prevent health problems before they develop. Make an appointment with one of the clinicians to discuss which services might be appropriate for you.
- Blood pressure
- HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia
- Tobacco use
Preventive health exams
- Physical exams
- Pap smears/GYN exams
Sexual & Reproductive Health
We appreciate that sexual health care is very personal. SHS provides sensitive and confidential sexual health services that include counseling and medical services for all genders and sexual identities, and for people who are sexually active and those who are not.
Free condoms are available at SHS both in our bathroom and in the waiting room.
Our team can help you with many of your sexual health care needs:
- General Sexual Health Care Including Routine Check-Ups
- Contraception (Counseling And Prescribing)
- Placement of Long-Lasting, Reversible, Contraception (e.g. IUDs And Progesterone Implants)
- Pregnancy Testing, Pregnancy Options Counseling And Referral
- Emergency Contraception
- Diagnosis and Treatment For Sexually Transmitted Infections (Including HIV And STI Testing)
- Counseling And Prescription Of PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) And Pep (Post-Exposure Prophylaxis)