Department of Medicine - Divisions
Routine screening for breast cancer every 1-2 years, with mammography alone or mammography and annual clinical breast examination (CBE), is recommended for women aged 50-69. There is insufficient evidence to recommend for or against routine mammography or CBE for women aged 40-49 or aged 70 and older, although recommendations for high-risk women aged 40-49 and healthy women aged Ú70 may be made on other grounds (see Clinical Intervention). There is insufficient evidence to recommend for or against the use of screening CBE alone or the teaching of breast self-examination.
Campus Resources :
- University Hospital
- UMD Care worksheet triggers
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Breast Clinic
- Studies in progress
For more instant information on this topic please see links below :
- US Preventive Services Task Force for page " Screening for Breast Cancer "
- American Cancer Society for page " MAMMOGRAPHY AND OTHER BREAST IMAGING PROCEDURES
- NJ Health Wellness Protection Act (HWPA) Tune up lists