header("Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"); ?>
Award of Degree Procedure: MBS students
To receive your degree, you must complete all of the program requirements and have the appropriate GPA (3.00). All course work must be completed and grades submitted to the GSBS-Registrar.
Once you have completed the requirements for degree, your name will be forwarded for approval by the GSBS Executive Council. Your graduation date will correspond to the graduation date in which you completed the requirements for the degree. Because of the Rutgers only has 3 graduation dates and schedules of Executive Council it may take two months or more from your completion of the requirements to the award of degree date. You are eligible to graduate October, January, and May.
If there is a time sensitive need for documentation that you have completed requirements for the degree before your award of degree is posted to your transcript you may obtain an official letter from the GSBS Registrar; however, if your name has not yet been forwarded to Executive Council for approval, the request for the letter must go FIRST to the Student Affairs Office, which will verify that you have completed the graduation requirements and transmit verification and your request to the registrar. Always check with the Student Affairs office first to find out the stage of approval of your award of degree.
Once you have been confirmed for graduation, notification will be sent to your Rutgers email account with final requirements for receipt of the diploma. Please complete the “Commencement/Convocation Information Survey” on the link provided below. Once the student affairs office receives the Commencement/Convocation Information Survey, diplomas will be ordered (although they are ordered by the month of graduation, rather than on an individual basis). Diplomas may take time to be returned by the company.
Summary of steps for obtaining your diploma:
1. Submit ‘Masters Completion of requirement form’
2. Complete the following forms located on the website:
Commencement/Convocation Information Survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P53KL5Z (this is not an invitation or R.S.V.P)
Diploma Release Form
3. Schedule and complete an Exit Interview (contact Dr. Carol Lutz firstname.lastname@example.org). In the Award of Degree Procedures for MBS students, this corresponds to item number 3.
4. Complete exit interview with financial aid office if applicable
5. Pay $40.00 Graduation Fee (include ID# on check and make payable to "Rutgers")
6. To pick up diploma, return ID card to Student Affairs office
7. Complete the GSBS Student Exit Survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CKC5CYN (you must print the last page of this survey, write your name and ID# and submit to the GSBS Office)
© 2017, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.
185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, New Jersey 07103