Department of Medicine - Home
Center for COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness (CCRP2)
The Rutgers University Center for COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness (CCRP2) serves as an institutional hub for COVID-19 research activities and information dissemination. The rapid spread of SARS-CoV-2 and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic present unprecedented challenges to global health and scientific discovery. In 2020, Rutgers University created the CCRP2, a part of the Institute for Infectious and Inflammatory Diseases, to quickly respond to the global COVID-19 pandemic and to stimulate transformative solutions for challenges at the local, national and international levels.
Led by Dr. David Alland, the CCRP2 seeks to advance scientific breakthroughs in basic, translational and clinical COVID-19 research from our world-class research institutes and our multidisciplinary research community. To accomplish these goals, we are...
- Creating intramural funding opportunities for COVID-19 research at Rutgers Universiy
- Facilitating multidisciplinary clinical and translational research collaborations between COVID-19 clinicians and academic researchers within the Rutgers community
- Developing, maintaining and sharing institutional resources for biomedical COVID-19 research
- Providing Biosafety Level-3 training and research facilities for COVID-19 researchers
- To fund a diverse breadth of topics to maximize potential for winning extramural support
- Fostering collaborations with the private sector to translate discoveries and bring relief to COVID-19 patients
Please contact us to learn more about our activities and to express your interest in working with us. Click here to read more about the announcement of the CCRP2. We look forward to partnering with you in addressing this global challenge.