The Northern New Jersey Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Center of Excellence is operated through Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. Our mission is to increase statewide capacity to provide evidence-based care for patients with opioid use disorders. We serve 12 northern counties and the Southern NJ MAT Center of Excellence serves the remaining 9 counties.
1) INCREASE ACCESS TO MAT AND RECOVERY SUPPORT SERVICES
- Mentor providers on becoming an Office-Based Addiction Treatment (OBAT) provider.
- Provide technical assistance for practices to assist with MAT prescribing.
- Triage and evaluate complex cases from the community at our Comprehensive Addiction Resources & Education (CARE) Center.
2) PROVIDE EDUCATION AND MENTORING TO TREATMENT PROVIDERS
- Provide twice-monthly learning collaborative to facilitate and support MAT providers.
- Maintain an MAT Provider Hotline to provide "in the moment" advice for clinicians with questions related to MAT (866-221-2611, Monday - Friday from 8am - 8pm).
- Maintain an ACGME-accredited addiction medicine fellowship program to provide postgraduate training for physicians of all specialties.
3) DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN A NETWORK OF MAT PROVIDERS
- Develop Affiliate Agreements for Premier and OBAT providers in each county in order to create and maintain a referral network across Northern New Jersey.
- Assist in the development of a publicly available statewide directory of MAT prescribers.