The RBHS Office for Violence Prevention & Victim Assistance (VPVA)
The RBHS Office for Violence Prevention & Victim Assistance (VPVA) is a free and confidential resource that provides services regarding sexual violence, dating violence, stalking, and harassment for the RBHS community. VPVA offers counseling, advocacy, education, and programming to address and prevent interpersonal violence that impacts the RBHS campus.
What services can VPVA provide?
- Emotional support services via phone and in-person counseling are available for RBHS students.
- Advocacy, including assistance with navigating health and reporting systems, is available for RBHS students who have experienced violence.
- Information regarding interpersonal violence, options available, and how to support survivors is offered to RBHS students, faculty, and staff.
- Additional referrals and resources can be provided to any RBHS community members.
- Intentional education and prevention programming are scheduled throughout the RBHS campus. Requested trainings are available for interested groups within the RBHS community.
- Awareness programming is offered throughout the year to engage students, faculty, and staff.
VPVA is dedicated to serving students at each of the RBHS sites. While based in the Stanley S. Bergen building in Newark, both educational programs and support services can be scheduled for your location.
To schedule a meeting, speak to a support person, or inquire more about VPVA services, please contact 973-972-4636.
65 Bergen Street, Suite 1441, Stanley S. Bergen, Jr. Building
For non-confidential resources on campus
RBHS Title IX Coordinator, Susan Hamilton
For off-campus resources
New Jersey Coalition Against Sexual Assault Statewide Hotline
New Jersey Coalition To End Domestic Violence 24hour Helpline