IN PERSON SERVICE COVID GUIDELINES
NJMS Guidelines for participation in community or volunteering activities
that require in person contact during the COVID-19 pandemic:
We have received permission from the Chancellor to allow, with approved exemptions, for IN-PERSON student involvement at University Hospital and NJMS sponsored events ONLY during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
These guidelines pertain to ALL FIRST AND SECOND YEAR STUDENTS involved in Rutgers NJMS sponsored community service projects, including but not limited to CESL
IN ORDER TO QUALIFY students are required to coordinate with the Office of Primary Care and Community Initiatives (OPCCI), to ensure completion of the required COVID testing, and availability of proper PPE for your activity.
- Starting October 1st, students will be required to obtain a COVID TEST at least one week in advance of the planned event.
- If you have been tested since August, please upload test results into the Student Health Portal. DO NOT EMAIL RESULTS DIRECTLY.
- Students will be required to register all community service activities through OPCCI at https://go.rutgers.edu/ovcblvyy
ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED YOUR ACTIVITY:
- If approved, you will be contacted to pick up a test
- YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO WATCH THE COVID EXEMPTION WEBINAR BELOW AND FILL OUT CONFIRMATION FORM AT https://go.rutgers.edu/pchazjof
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RETURN THE TEST TO THE DESIGNATED PLACE VIA COVID TEST INSTRUCTIONS. You will receive these in your test packet when you pick it up.
- Upon receiving your test results, have them uploaded to the Student Health Portal.
- Once cleared for service, continue to self-monitor and take all necessary precautions.
- Please DO NOT report to an event EVEN if you previously tested negative.