header("Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"); ?>
Disability Services for the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is able to provide reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities. Students who are requesting accommodations must complete the application for services (steps below) and be approved for the accommodations requested.
Faculty who are seeking more information regarding disability services can follow this link for more details: https://ods.rutgers.edu/faculty
For more information please contact the GSBS Disability Services Coordinator
Office of Student Affairs
Medical Science Building, Room C696
185 South Orange Avenue
Newark, NJ 07101-1709
Students Applying for Services
Students with a documented disability looking to apply for reasonable accommodations and services at the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences must:
Complete and submit the https://ods.rutgers.edu/students/registration-form
1. Registration forms will be forwarded to the disability coordinator in the GSBS Office of Student Affairs. Once your form is received you will receive a confirmation email of your submission.
2. Schedule an intake meeting You will need to make an appointment for an intake meeting with the GSBS disability coordinator.
3. Submit appropriate documentation You must provide our office with the appropriate documentation that meets with guidelines for your disability, by email, fax, or by bringing the documentation to your appointment.
4. Once you have completed the intake, and your documentation has been reviewed we will make an appropriate determination of reasonable accommodations based on the nature of your disability. You will receive written correspondence regarding the approval/disapproval of your accommodation request.
5. Following the review, your coordinator will contact you with the results and assist you with the next steps.
Additional information is available at the Rutgers University website at https://ods.rutgers.edu/