The following timeline highlights key past and projected dates for the project. Projected dates for upcoming phases may change as the project moves forward.
- 2015 - the Rutgers 2030 Physical Master Plan was published, noting the Medical Science Building as is need of significant renovation.
- 2018 - Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP, an international architectural firm with research laboratory and renovation experience, conducted a feasibility study of the Medical Science Building.
- 2019 - the school put out a request for proposals and began accepting design submissions from architectural firms.
- May 2023 – construction documents are due for approval
- Early Fall 2023 – waiting for Rutgers Board of Governors approval for project funding, after which project goes out to bid for the general contractor
- Winter 2023 – once general contractor is selected, demolition and construction is slated to begin