Student Health Services (SHS) is a division of the Department of Family Medicine, New Jersey Medical School, at Rutgers Health Sciences Campus at Newark. Board Certified Family Physicians provide a broad range of services for physical and mental health.
Please be advised that all services are completely confidential and include:
- General medical care for acute and chronic medical conditions
- Gynecology and family planning including IUDs, implants, and pregnancy options
- Gender affirming care
- Mental health
- Potential bloodborne pathogen exposure (needle stick) counseling and treatment
- HIV Pre-exposure prophylaxis
- Laboratory services
- Allergy shots (after allergist evaluation)
- Preventive screening
- Referrals for specialty consultation
- Consultation for weight management and smoking cessation
- Travel medicine
Our services are offered both in-person and via telehealth. Certain services can not be performed via telehealth. Please inquire when scheduling an appointment.