For Your Health
A Strong Defense Against COVID-19: Get Vaccinated
Your best protection from COVID19 is a combination of getting a COVID-19 vaccine, wearing a mask, staying at least 6 feet away from others, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and washing your hands often. No one tool alone is going to stop the pandemic. Learn about the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination: cdc.gov/coronavirus
Rutgers offers COVID-19 vaccination. Register for an appointment on the Rutgers COVID-19 vaccine portal. Appointments will be available at three campus locations:
For more information, visit https://coronavirus.rutgers.edu/covid-19-vaccine/
Student Health Service (SHS) offers students a range of services designed to help prevent health problems before they develop. Make an appointment with one of the clinicians to discuss which services might be appropriate for you.
- Blood pressure
- HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia
- Tobacco use
Preventive health exams
- Physical exams
- Pap smears/GYN exams
Sexual & Reproductive Health
We appreciate that sexual health care is very personal. SHS provides sensitive and confidential sexual health services that include counseling and medical services for all genders and sexual identities, and for people who are sexually active and those who are not.
Free condoms are available at SHS both in our bathroom and in the waiting room.
Our team can help you with many of your sexual health care needs:
- General Sexual Health Care Including Routine Check-Ups
- Contraception (Counseling And Prescribing)
- Placement of Long-Lasting, Reversible, Contraception (e.g. IUDs And Progesterone Implants)
- Pregnancy Testing, Pregnancy Options Counseling And Referral
- Emergency Contraception
- Diagnosis and Treatment For Sexually Transmitted Infections (Including HIV And STI Testing)
- Counseling And Prescription Of PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) And Pep (Post-Exposure Prophylaxis)