DISABILITY SERVICES FOR THE SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
The School of Graduate Studies is able to provide reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities. Students who are requesting accommodations must complete the application for services (steps below) and be approved for the accommodations requested.
Faculty who are seeking more information regarding disability services can follow this link for more details: https://oasa.rbhs.rutgers.edu/office-of-disability-services/faculty/
Disability Services Coordinator should be contacted for more information
Jenna Rose, MA | Coordinator
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences | Office of Disability Services
Stanley S, Bergen Jr. Bldg, Suite 1441| 65 Bergen St. Newark, NJ 07017
email@example.com | oasa.rbhs.rutgers.edu/ods
Please reach out to Nadine Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org SGS-RBHS School facilitator once accommodations are approved.
Students Applying for Services
Students with a documented disability looking to apply for reasonable accommodations and services at the School of Graduate Studies should go to the following website for more information:
Registering for Services and General Inquiries | Access and Disability Resources (rutgers.edu)
- Complete and submit the Registration Form | Office of Disability Services (rutgers.edu)
Registration forms should be returned to the disability coordinator in the SGS Office of Student Affairs. Once your form is received you will receive a confirmation email of your submission.
- Schedule an intake meeting
You will need to make an appointment for an intake meeting with the ODS disability coordinator.
- Submit appropriate documentation
You must provide our office with the appropriate documentation that meets with guidelines for your disability, by email, fax, or by bringing the documentation to your appointment.
- Once you have completed the intake, and your documentation has been reviewed we will make an appropriate determination of reasonable accommodations based on the nature of your disability. You will receive written correspondence regarding the approval/disapproval of your accommodation request.
- Following the review, your coordinator will contact you with the results and assist you with the next steps.