Our staff works to ensure our patients receive the very best care in radiation oncology. Please allow 1-2 hours for your appointment and leave time for possible delays. Rest assured that all of our patients receive the time needed for proper assessment.
To schedule a new appointment, please refer to the appropriate number below. You may be self-referred, referred by other physicians or health care organizations.
NJMS Cancer Center – Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
205 South Orange Avenue, A-Level
Phone: (973) 972-5053
Email: (973) 972-5242
A Checklist for Your Visit
The following list will help you remember items and information to bring with you to your appointment.
- Medical records (consultation, operative and pathology reports)
- Radiological films and reports (CT, MRI, X-ray).
- Photo ID for yourself and anyone accompanying you (required by hospital security)
If applicable, please bring the following:
- Letter of authorization from your insurance carrier
- Insurance Card
- Any forms you were asked to bring with you
- Any questions you may have for your doctor
The Department of Radiation Oncology is committed to providing the patient with the most patient-centered care possible. Though it is ultimately the patient's responsibility to ensure that all insurance participation and benefits information are relayed to the provider, our staff will assist you along the way to thoroughly explain your benefit information.
Payment for all deductibles, co-payments, and outstanding balances are expected at the time of service. Upon the completion of your visit, all in-network claims are submitted to your insurance carrier. If your claim is for out-of-network services, we will submit a "courtesy" claim submission for you as well. As a reminder, since we submit a "courtesy" claim on your behalf, patients using their out-of-network benefits will have all insurance payments sent directly to them. You, as the patient, are responsible for ensuring that outstanding payments for surgical and interventional procedures are adjudicated upon the processing of the claim by your insurer.
If you are insured under a managed care plan, before your appointment:
- Confirm that the provider you will be seeing is a participating provider in your plan and obtain any prior authorization, if required.
- Confirm that any service you will be receiving is covered under your plan and obtain any prior authorization, if required.
- Your insurance information and card (i.e., HMO, Medicare, Medicaid)
- Obtain any necessary referral authorization from your primary care physician before seeing a specialist.
- Be prepared to pay your co-payment at the time of service.