NJMS Cancer Center – Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
205 South Orange Ave, A-level
Newark, NJ 07103
Phone: (973) 972-5053
Fax: (973) 972-5242
A checklist for your visit.
The following list will help you remember items and information to bring with you to your appointment.
- Medical records (consultation, operative and pathology reports)
- Radiological films and reports (CT, MRI, X-ray).
- Photo ID for yourself and anyone accompanying you (required by hospital security)
- If applicable, please bring the following:
- Letter of authorization from your insurance carrier
- Insurance card
- Any forms you were asked to bring with you
- Any questions you may have for your doctor
If you are insured under a managed care plan, before your appointment:
- Confirm that the provider you will be seeing is a participating provider in your plan and obtain any prior authorization, if required.
- Confirm that any service you will be receiving is covered under your plan and obtain any prior authorization, if required.
- Your insurance information and card (i.e., HMO, Medicare, Medicaid)
- Obtain any necessary referral authorization from your primary care physician before seeing a specialist.
- Be prepared to pay your co-payment at the time of service