Quality of Training Program
Cardiovascular Medicine Fellowship Program
Hallmarks of Excellence
Quality of Training Program
- In our April 2019 ACGME accreditation letter the Review Committee commended the program for its demonstrated substantial compliance with the ACGME’s Program Requirements.
- Our 2019 Fellow Survey we were at our above the national average in all six programmatic evaluation categories.
Fellows are prepared and supported to achieve Board Certification prior to fellowship graduation in the following:
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
In the last 5 years we have had 100% Board Pass Rate on the National Board of Echocardiography exam which fellows have taken at the start of their third year in fellowship.
Fellows are also given full access the American College of Cardiology’s Cardiosource Plus for Institutions which is the premier cardiovascular online portal providing immediate and convenient access to cutting-edge cardiovascular information PLUS unlimited access to ACC’s full complement of online educational programs which is the single most authoritative and comprehensive professional resource on cardiovascular.
In the last 5 years over 70% of our fellow have sought subspecialty certification, and all have matched to desired subspecialty program.
Quality of Fellows
Our fellows have recently received the following honors and awards:
- Best Teaching Fellow Rutgers NJMS 2018
- NJACC 4th place best Oral Presentation
- Golden Apple Teaching Award 2017
- Best Teaching Fellow at Rutgers NJMS 2017
- Heart Rhythm Society Scholarship Award 2017
- ACC Gold Scholarship Award 2017
- NJACC Second Prize for Best Original Research 2016
- Best Teaching Fellow at Rutgers NJMS 2016
- Golden Apple Teaching Award 2015
- NJ- American College of Cardiology : Fellow Achievement Award 2015
- AHA – Fellow Society of Greater NY – President 2015-2016
- Best teaching fellow NJMS Dept. of Medicine 2014
- One Golden Apple teaching award and two nominations 2014
- President of AHA Fellows' Society of Greater New York 2014-2015
- Best Oral Presentation at Annual NJMS Dept. of Medicine Research Day 2014
- Best teaching Fellow NJMS Dept. of Medicine 2013
- One Golden Apple teachingaward and two nominations 2013
- Golden Apple teaching awardnomination 2012
- Vice President of AHA Fellows' Society of Greater New York 2013-2014
- Best Oral Presentation at AnnualNJMS Dept. of Medicine Research Day 2012
- One of ten best abstract for CRT (Cardiovascular Research Technologies) 2012
- Best Oral Presentation at AnnualNJMS Dept. ofMedicine Research Day 2011
- Best Oral Presentation at Annual NJMS Dept. ofMedicine Research Day 2010
One fellow received the prestigious "Humanism and Excellence in Teaching" Award from the Arnold P. Gold Foundation in 2011