Peer Tutoring Program
WHO WE ARE
The purpose of this association shall be to cultivate and promote success in the basic medical and dental sciences; to support the graduate students in their academics through peer engagement; and to generate a sense of community and scholarship among the students of graduate studies and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
Our mission is to provide quality academic support to graduate students by recruiting qualified student volunteers. We aim to empower students by fostering academic success in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
Benefits of tutoring:
- Gain volunteer/leadership experience within RBHS community
- Get to know your fellow graduate students
- Network with Course Directors and Teaching Assistants
- Improve communication skills
- Reinforce your knowledge of the material you are teaching
- Students who have received an A in the course they are offering tutoring services are eligible to tutor
- No tutoring experience necessary
- All tutors must hold a minimum of one tutoring session per week. Each tutoring session must be at least 1 hour long
- Tutors must come prepared with a lesson plan, whether it is a presentation of lecture objectives or providing students with practice questions
Tutor services are available for ALL graduate students (pre-medical, pre-dental, biomedical and PhD candidates).
For the best tutoring experience:
- Sign up for tutoring as early as possible
- Attend tutoring sessions every week
- If you are unable to attend, you must notify your tutor or schedule coordinator as soon as possible
- Tutoring sessions will be much more beneficial to everyone if you are actively participating
- Ask questions, answer questions, and engage in conversations to learn the material better
- Come prepared by reviewing the material before the tutoring session
INTERESTED IN OUR TUTORING SERVICES?
To sign up to be a tutor or to seek a tutor by following the link below and completing the attached form!
NOTE: you will need to log into your Rutgers NetID to complete the forms.