How to Apply
How to Apply
The Rutgers New Jersey Medical School Residency Program in Internal Medicine/Pediatrics accepts applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service or ERAS.
- International Medical Graduates must be U.S. citizens or have permanent residency and have a valid ECFMG certificate including the CSA examination. Recent graduates (<3 years) are preferred.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation are required. One letter must be from either the Chair/Clerkship Director of Medicine or Pediatrics. A 4th letter can also be sent, but is not required.
- Candidates who are selected will receive a letter of invitation for interview.
- Interviews are held between November through late January.
- The Interview Day consists of meeting with program officials and current residents, attending conferences and a tour of the facilities in Newark.
- Please refer to ERAS for all application deadlines.
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical School Internal Medicine-Pediatrics: NRMP#1398700C0.
- FRIEDA Identifier: 700-33-32-040
- All applicants must receive a consumer report and/or investigative report (background and fingerprinting) deemed favorable by NJMS prior to being hired.
Internal Medicine Residency Program
University Hospital Building | Room I-248
New Jersey Medical School
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
150 Bergen Street
Newark, New Jersey 07101
Ph. 973-972-6056 | Fax 973-972-3129