As part of the partnership of Rutgers Biomedical Health Sciences with RWJBarnabas Health, the Rutgers New Jersey Medical School Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency program (NJMS) is merging with the St Barnabas Medical Center residency program (SBMC). This merger started with the residents recruited in 2018-2019, residents have been rotating at both NJMS and SBMC. For the 2019-2020 interview season, we recruited 10 residents for the combined program as one group and conducted interviews together. For the 2020-2021 interview season, we will again be recruiting together for our 10 incoming residents through the Rutgers Health St. Barnabas Medical Center Residency Program (ACGME ID# 2203312163). Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Looking forward to meeting with you,
Lisa Pompeo, MD
Welcome to the OB/GYN Residency Program at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School!
The Rutgers New Jersey Medical School Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women’s Health residency program residents are a diverse group of 24 individuals that share a common interest for women’s health and patient care.
The residency program is designed to provide the widest possible range of exposure to all aspects of obstetrics, gynecology and women's health, from primary care through tertiary care experiences at New Jersey's finest medical facilities. We have a strong academic, scientifically based residency program that covers the depth and breadth of the field.
Upon completion of the program, you will have achieved:
- an enriched educational opportunity in all aspects of obstetrics, gynecology and women's health
- comprehensive training in all aspects of the primary and preventive care of women
- expertise in the care of highly complex obstetric and gynecologic problems, including high risk obstetrics, reproductive endocrinology and infertility, gynecologic oncology, and urogynecology
- expertise in the care of patients with diverse backgrounds
- a clear understanding of the principles of scientific and clinical investigation, so that you can critically read and understand the literature and interpret future advances and changes in the field, allowing appropriate application of new findings to patient care
- full responsibility and authority for patient care decisions, enabling you to function as an independent practitioner
Experience All Components of Women's Health care
- Normal Obstetrics
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Operative Gynecology
- Gynecologic Malignancies
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Diagnosis and Management of Breast Disease
- Urinary Incontinence/Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Family Planning
- Management of Critically Ill Patients
- Emergency Medicine
- Primary and Preventive Care
Explore the World of Research
The NJMS Department of OB/GYN is known internationally for its investigative expertise. Our Resident Research Program enables residents how to test an hypothesis and generate definitive data using a hands-on approach.