Rutgers NJMS- Cooperman Barnabas program participates in the National Residency Match Program (NRMP), and applications for PGY-1 positions are only accepted through the AAMC's ERAS service. We currently accept 10 residents per year in a four-year format. All applications should be directed to the Rutgers Health Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center Residency Program (ACGME ID# 2203312163)
In order to apply to our program, prospective residents must meet the following criteria:
- must have satisfactorily completed to date an approved educational program at an LCME-accredited school of medicine or an approved educational program at a COCA-accredited school of medicine.
- must have successfully passed Step 1 and 2 of the United States Licensing Examination (USMLE) or the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination of the United States (COMLEX-USA) – pending Step 2 scores are acceptable.
- be a member of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) located in Washington, DC
- graduates of foreign medical schools must have at least one year of training in an approved internship or residency program in the United States, and have ECFMG Certification.
Below is some key information to help you apply:
- The program follows the RRR Application Cycle Standards
- Application deadline is 10/1/2022
- Initial interview offers will be released on 10/25/2022
- Interview offers will be limited to the number of interview spots
- Applicants will be given a minimum of 48 hours to respond to interview offers
- Interviews will start no earlier than 10/31/2022
- We will notify applicants of their final status (e.g. waitlist, rejection) by 12/2/2022
- All interviews will be virtual for all applicants.
- Post-Interview- We strictly abide by the NRMP rules and will not give you indication before, during or after your interview regarding your potential spot on the rank list. Lack of communication post-interview should not be construed as lack of interest from us, a low position on the rank list or a problem with your application, but is simply us sticking to the rules.
For more information, contact Patrician Crawford, Residency Coordinator, at 973-972-3574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org