Anat Chemerinski, MD
Hometown: Potomac, MD
- Undergraduate College/University:Cornell University -
- Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine - Baltimore, MD
- Residency School: Hospital of the University of
- Interests within Medical Field: Infertility, PCOS
- Outside Interests: Spending time with my husband and sons, traveling, hiking
- Why did you choose this program? So many reasons! The opportunity to conduct basic science research with two REI-trained MD/PhDs, the robust training in ART and surgery at University Reproductive Associates, the opportunity to provide REI and Gyn care for women in the Newark area through the fellow-run REI clinic, the excellent clinical and research mentorship.
Nicole Marchetto, MD, MPH
Hometown: Villanova, PA
- Undergraduate College/University:Bucknell University -
- Graduate School: Drexel University School of
Public Health -
- Medical School: Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency School: Mount Sinai West-St. Luke's -
New York, NY,
- Interests within Medical Field: Fertility, biology of aging
- Outside Interests: Studio art and hiking
- Why did you choose this program?
I chose Rutgers REI Fellowship program because I found that it provided all of the qualities I was seeking in a program: strong clinical training, a robust surgical experience and dedicated research mentors. It is apparent that the long-term goals ofthe fellows, their interest in research and their continued learning are priorities.The fellows are exposed to breadth and depth of not only infertility but also the complex diversity of reproductive endocrinology. The fellows are still very much interested in operating and participating in a variety of laparoscopies and hysteroscopies, which is not the case at many other programs around the country. Iwas also incredibly impressed by the program’s dedication to basic science and clinical research. I am very interested in basic science research and am hoping to have the opportunity to explore lab research throughout my fellowship and into my career. I found a significant benefit in having two MD/PHD female physician scientists within the division.Rutgers offered a wealth of resources including a superb faculty of clinicians, excellent facilities and equipment, access to a variety of research fields, both clinical and basic science, and, most importantly, a highly-dedicated fellowship program team. I have really enjoyed my experience so far and am confident I made the right decision.
Nischelle Kalakota, MD, MS
Hometown: Midland, MI
- Undergraduate College/University: University of Michigan
- Medical School: University of Cincinnati
- Residency School: University of Cincinnati
- Interests within Medical Field: Fertility preservation and PCOS
- Outside Interests: Travelling to new placesand exploring the local food scene
- Why did you choose this program? I chose Rutgers for the strong commitment to fellow education. I was also excited by the opportunity to learn basic science research from two REI faculty who are MD/PhD trained. Additionally, the clinical training of this program offers exposure to a wide breadth of reproductive endocrinology as well as ART.